Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sociology Resources 2006-2007

This blog is meant to be a source of information and resources for those going through the trials and tribulations of the academic job search.

The same "rules" apply here as in the original site:

Please do not list names
Please maintain a supportive, helpful environment
Feel free to share positive and negative job search/interviewing experiences

To maintain consistency in each thread I decided not to archive them each month as I originally intended. If I start seeing several requests to archive threads I will certainly respond.

Collectively, I think we have an excellent opportunity to create a useful set of resources here. I added a few job/fellowsip links to start. If you have others to add please respond by adding a comment to this post.

If you click on the time of a post or its title, you will find an option at the bottom of the page to subscribe to the comments from that post via an atom feed.


Good luck to everyone out there!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! I was thinking about setting up a msg board, but I won't have time to get to it for a good three weeks. Great setup.

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Awesome, and thanks!

Hermia

Anonymous said...

thanks for setting this up!

-nick

Anonymous said...

Thanks... now if I can just figure out how to use this!!!

MO

Anonymous said...

Nice job. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

way to take the lead on this! Great job :)
~Felix~

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is much easier to read!
-Melissa

Anonymous said...

Great!! Thank you!

~Zen

Anonymous said...

You are welcome!

ABD

Anonymous said...

is it possible to link the wiki on the front page of the new site? I can never remember the address off the top of my head - and I don't want to bookmark it on my work computer :)

Anonymous said...

I added the wiki list to the introductory post.

-ABD

Anonymous said...

Is there any way we can start new threads for the 2007-2008 search season?

Anonymous said...

New thread for the 2007-2008 job market would be great! How can we get one going? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

We may have to start a new blog ourselves. I think the owner of this blog is MIA.

www.sociologyrumormill2.blogspot.com???

alba said...

I am trying to start one up. Let's see how far I get. I don't have experience blogging but it should not be that difficult. I'll keep you posted.

alba said...

Ok, here it is.

http://socrumormil2007.blogspot.com/

How do I publicize this?

Anonymous said...

I think you just did...Thanks!

alba said...

I realized that there is a misspelling in the original URL. Here is the new link:

http://socrumormill2007.blogspot.com/